Inter-Marine enjoys the challenge of using our vast technical skills to facilitate all types of special events.
From inflatables to champagne smash renaming ceremonies, we can facilitate any wow factor event. Inter-Marine enjoys the challenge of using our vast technical skills to facilitate all types of special events.
We have been engaged in various media events for cruise lines in the South Pacific Region. Being a technical company that enjoys any ‘odd’ requests, Inter-Marine has enjoyed the challenge of using these technical skills to facilitate all types of special events.
Inter-Marine understands the safety operations of a vessel and work in closely with ship’s personnel from the master to the hotel department and engineers. We have vast contractor and supplier resources which enable us to cater for any special event or milestone in the shipping industry.
Highlighted special events include:
– Raising awareness for Red Nose Day on the Carnival Spirit in 2012, as we project managed the manufacture and supply of a giant illuminated red nose to be placed on the bow of the ship as she sailed into Sydney Harbour.
– Supporting the State of Origin in 2012 by managing the manufacture and supply of two 25 MTR X 15 MTR banners “GO THE BLUES and “GO THE MAROONS” for the Pacific Pearl and Pacific Sun as they sailed into Sydney and Brisbane waters on game day.
– Celebrating the original “Love Boat” on the Pacific Princess in 2014 by installing two inflatable giant love heart rings showcasing the Princess Cruises Logo in the centre, this was further used on the Sun Princess for an outdoor vowel renewal ceremony in 2014.
– Spreading the love on Valentine’s Day 2015 on the Pacific Princess by installing 4 MTR x 4 MTR inflatable giant love heart on board along with hundreds of love heart flags along the ships dressing line.
– Celebrated the Mardi Gras in Style during 2015. We helped welcome the Cunard Ship, The Queen Elizabeth into Sydney on Mardi Gras weekend with a Giant Stiletto mounted on a timber base on the bow of the ship. Sydney based celebrity Drag Queen sung along to Priscilla over the PA system while sitting in the stiletto and enjoying the smoke flares flowing from the funnel of the ship. We projected managed the manufacture and supply of a “Happy Mardi Gras” banner sized at 126 MTRS X 12.5 MRS strung between the ships crow’s nest and ships funnel to top off the event on a purpose built dressing line.
– Ensuring the Carnival Spirit’s arrival into Sydney in 2015 on Halloween was as spooky as possible by managing the manufacture and supply of a giant red back spider. The inflatable spider was 12 MTR X 10 MTR in size and caught the eyes of the cameras as the spider’s eyes and back were illuminated on its arrival into Sydney and docking at Circular Quay.
– We helped in welcoming the Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden into the P&O Fleet in 2015. Inter-Marine manufactured a champagne smash apparatus in-house, which was then used to bless the ship by the official God Mothers Kate Richie and Jessica Mauboy.
The same champagne apparatus was re-used to christen the two new bunker bargers for Viva Energy ICS Reliance and ICS Allegiance in 2016, these celebrations were carried out in Melbourne and Sydney.
– Our team was honoured to support the Marriage Equality Yes Vote on the Golden Princess in 2017 by project managing the manufacture and supply of a 20 MTR X 15 MTR rainbow flag. The vibrant flag was strapped to the bow of the ship, which worked to spread love, support and celebration as the ship sailed through the heads of Sydney.
– Manufacture and installation of a 25m x 12m banner to farewell the Ruby Princess out of Australian waters during the COVID-19 pandemic, as ordered by the NSW Government to thank Port Kembla community of Illawarra for their goodwill, assistance and support of the crew.
– Celebrating the release of the new Despicable Me 3 film on the Carnival Spirt in 2017 through management and support of the large inflatable minion’s mingling with guests and the public. The Inter-Marine team assisted the ships personnel with the logistics and management of the inflatable friends on-board.
– Backing the QLD maroons for State of Origin in 2017 as we organised the manufacture and supply of a 7 MTR tall inflatable Cane Toad to the Pacific Aria. Queensland supporters were able to support their team as the Cane Toad caught the eye. The Cane Toad caught the eye of Queensland supporters as it sat on the bow of the ship, making it hard to miss with illuminated LED lights behind the eyes. Our friendly Cane toad friend was then re-supplied for use on the Pacific Explorer in 2019 in celebration of the Queensland Rugby League.
– Supporting the NSW Blues for the State of Origin in 2018 on the Pacific Explorer through organising the manufacture, supply and installation of an inflatable 7 MTR Cockroach to sit on the bow of the ship.
– We helped the Queen Elizabeth celebrate their “Meet the Seafarer” Whiskey event in 2018 upon her arrival to Sydney. We manufactured a plaque and stainless steel frame in-house to hold the 225-litre oak whiskey barrel in place for the big day. Our team joined the ship to support the logistical and technical requirements of the event.